Sunday, June 13, 2010

a hairy situation!!

I have been a long time lurker on makeupalley for quite some time, I especially enjoyed the fotd board as it gave me many ideas on looks and tips to improve my own techniques. Last week I finally found the courage to post my very first fotd on the site, i recieved many nice responses and also some very thoughtful constructive criticism suggesting i get my brows shaped. I had my brows waxed and plucked before and was never happy with the result as the therapists always seemed to take too much off so i decided to let them grow and never really thought about it. Its not untill you see magnified pictures of yourself that you see that these total strangers had
Wanting to try out threading, i took my bruised ego to the wink salon in clerys department store in Dublin. I got an appointment extremely quickly and the therapists were friendly and very informative. The treatment cost 20euro and the process took a matter of minutes. The therapist gave me a loyalty card at the end of the treatment so after five treatments i get one free :)

I was very pleased with all aspects of the treatment and here are the results :

before:

the cringey pics that exposed my bad brows!!!





this one particulary highlights how bad they were!!






After :

Yesterdays fotd :)








I hope you can see that there is a dramatic difference. If anyone is considering threading i would strongly recommend it as it is quick, virtually painless and extremely precise!


Have a great day :) xxx

No comments: