Wednesday, March 13, 2013

they're Real

They're my own just a little enhanced ;-) 



The difference between using this mascara on the left eye and my natural lashes on the right


 Possibly the most talked about mascara of the year and the biggest seller in the UK and Ireland, I had to give Benefits they're Real! a go. When I purchased it from Debenhams costing €25, I couldn't wait to try it out. Based on the reviews and marketing schpeel I expected alot from this little tube.

The packaging makes some very bold claims :

  • 94% saw dramatic length and volume
  • 90% saw base-to-tip curl
  • 94% saw dramatic lift
  • 100% saw long lasting results
Benefit wouldn't be my favourite brand, I like a few of their products but I feel their brand is more concerned with pretty packaging rather than quality products. I have been trying this mascara out for a few weeks now. 
The brush is a plastic wand, typically i favour a natural bristle wand but this mascara did perform well. I would definitely agree with the claim of long lasting results as i find the mascara quite hard to remove, Bioderma is no match for this mascara, you need something like the Clarins Instant Eye Make-Up Remover to remove it fully without tugging the delicate eye area. It definitely performs well but not worthy of throwing your false eyelashes away. I like DRAMATIC eyelashes, the bigger the better and although I enjoyed using this mascara I would not say it was the best I've ever used. That title still belongs to Ysl shocking volume. theyre Real would probably make it into my top 5 along with Maybelline Falsies, Estee Lauder Turbolash and Maxfactor 2000 calorie. Close but no cigar. 


Have you tried this mascara? what are your thoughts? 

No comments: