Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Empty Addiction #2

No this is not a picture of the contents of my rubbish bin. As I mentioned in my previous post, this year i was determined to use up as much products i had lying around as possible, this was my effort for the latter part of the year.

Can you spot any of your favourites??


I am determined to reclaim space and get my collection down to a reasonable size so i can purchase the odd beauty treat without guilt. Hopefully through continuing to use up items and selling on ebay, i can achieve this. 
The best of the bunch from this rather sizeable pile were:



Clarins Bust Beauty Ultra Lift Gel: This product really made a difference to the appearance to the bust area. The area seemed smoother, firmer and lifted. This is one of those products that in years to come youll be glad you used  as the skin around the bust area can get quite 'creppy' with age. Other products i enjoy in this range include the Instant Eye Make Up Remover, Tanning milk for the Face and Decollete, Instant Light Lip Perfectors, Body Shaping Cream and the infamous Beauty Flash Balm.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Matte: Renamed and repackaged, formally known as Effaclar M, I actually prefer the previous pump bottle packaging. Having combination skin, I find alot of products either too heavy on the skin or in terms of products focused towards oilier skin not hydrating enough. This moisturiser is a lovely gel like consistency that is light on the skin and provides an excellent canvas for foundation making it the perfect daytime moisturiser. This whole range is targeted towards sensitive skin and is recommended by many dermatologists. I am half way through my third tube. I am also tempted by the Effaclar Duo that seems to be doing the rounds at the moment. 

Vichy Dermablend Foundation: I do not wear  tinted moisturiser , i am a fan of full coverage. This foundation provides flawless coverage with the smallest amount of product although i do find the need to powder as the lasting power is not the best despite a 16 hour wear promise on the tube. If you enjoy the coverage of Mac Studio Fix Fluid and Estee Lauder Double Wear which i will mention in a moment, you will enjoy this. The tube pictured here is in the shade sand,  I am currently making my way through a second tube this time in nude but i prefer the Sand shade. 

Benefit Hoola Bronzer: A bit of a cult classic, this is a lovely matte brown shade. This is my second box and i will probably repurchase.

Estee Lauder Double Wear: Another full coverage foundation similar to Mac Studio Fix Fluid. I find the best way to apply this is with the fingers to warm up the product . A good layer of moisturiser must be used and not to be used in photographs as the white cast is quite dramatic. 

Ysl Shocking Mascara: Probably the best mascara i have ever used. Endless volume and length is achieved with a few swipes of the natural bristle brush. The only con is that it dries up within weeks.

Creightons Bronze Me Mousse: A terrific tan for the price, a lovely golden brown colour. I prefer this to the likes of other tans in the same price range such as St. Moritz.

Urban Decay Primer Potion: This is the best eye primer around, eye shadow literally stays perfect all day and I actually have to work harder to remove my eye makeup when using this. A mini one pictured but i have gone through many of these in full size. A definite repurchase.

Almay Bare it All Legs: Very similar product to Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs providing colour and a stocking like effect on the legs covering any imperfections. Purchased on a trip to Galway this cost only €4.99 but I have yet to find it in Dublin :-(

Nuxe Firming Body Cream : Not quite as good as the Clarins Body Shaping Cream but applies really nicely and has a lovely vanilla scent. 

Revlon Colourbomb: This is one of the stand out products of the year for me. It revives faded colour in minutes without damaging the hair,  particularly good for those with bright hair colour such as red. Another definite repurchase.

Loreal Sulphate Free Range: I like the entire range of these sulphate free shampoo and conditioners and have repurchased these several times throughout the year but I am keen to try Pureology as I have heard many good things about the line. 


Have you let your collection get out of control? 

Any thoughts on the products mentioned?

Darina x

No comments: